Pages

Friday 15 July 2011

Harry Potter: In honour of the last ever Harry Potter Movie

In Australia, the last Harry Potter Movie: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 was released this week. In anticipation of seeing it this weekend, the kids had a movie watching afternoon re-watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1. Harry Potter came out of storage to snuggle on the couch amongst all the blankets and food to watch his adventures.

Harry Potter.
I made this for my son when the second Harry Potter Movie came out (he was about 8 at the time) and just slightly Harry Potter obsessed. Harry is knitted from 8 ply (Double Knitting) 100% cotton from Bendigo Woolen Mills. His clothes are mainly of my own design and the yarn is a variety of 8ply wools and acrylic sourced from my stash (which fills a whole cupboard!). These are actually the second pair of glasses Harry has had. The first pair were a better fit to the scale of his face (however, small boys are inherently destructive).

The basic doll was made using a pattern from the November / December 1998 edition of The Australian Women's Weekly Handmade magazine. Harry is basically built up from the pattern for Rueben.

Harry and Hedwig


Here are close ups of Harry without his glasses and his clothing.




Harry's Quidditch Robes
Hedwig is a pattern of my own design.

Hedwig


1 comment:

  1. This doll is awesome, and you did such a good job in creating him! I'm not even embarrassed to say that I was one of those snuggling up with him while watching Harry Potter this week.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to say Hi. It's so much fun hearing from my cyber friends.