Pages

Saturday 23 March 2013

Project 365: Week 11

Week 11: It was my birthday on Wednesday the 13th March. As luck would have it I was also born on a Wednesday. I guess that makes me Wednesday's Child. I try not to be full of woe though on a regular basis. I'm sure you remember the nursery rhyme:

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child who is born on the Sabbath Day
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.
(Unfortunate connotations for the last line today but it does date back to 1838).

Wednesday this week was also the day the heatwave  finally broke after 10 continuous days of over 30 degrees. So Wednesday was a joyful day on many levels.
Day 71: Random Skeleton in the window.... (No, I don't work in a haunted house!)
Day 72: It's my birthday and I got flowers and chocolates. I think this is the about the fifth time in my entire relationship with my husband that he has given me flowers and I got not one but two lots of flowers. I promptly took a photo of this extremely rare occurrence, printed it out at A4 size and hung it on my pin-board in my office at work! Now I have a permanent reminder and it makes me smile.
Day 73: It's Pi Day. In American date notation it's 3.14 today. We had a pi-ku competition (Like haiku but the form is three syllables, one syllable and then four). There were 120 digits of pi running around the corridor. My pi-ku was statistics tops mathematics. Pi day makes mathematicians strangely giggly. There was unfortunately no pie involved in pi-day.
Day 74: Hey someone stole my garden outside my office window while I wasn't looking today. I'm sure there were plants in there this morning!
Day 75: Family trip to the theatre (including future doctor daughter who was home for the weekend). You know the kids are growing up when we all can go happily go to a show billed as Adults Only comedy. Avenue Q is nothing like Sesame Street. There was lots of singing, yes, and educational material but there was also semi-nudity and hilarious full frontal puppet sex. A great night out was had by most of the family. However, I'm increasingly worried by some of the things my cousin the amateur theatre nut is prepared to do in the name of cheap laughs.
Day 76: What else are Sundays for? This is my third go at the BFF cowl. This time I have enough yarn and I'm sure I like the colour!
Day  77: I love libraries. This is the small selection of knitting reference books I have at home at the moment to help me learn some new techniques - brioche and double knitting. Now I just need the time to play. Bring on the Easter break.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha. I'm in your pi day photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but you rock a lap coat and funky reflective purple sneakers. And shush you didn't have to dob yourself in. Thanks for pi day!

      Delete

I'd love you to say Hi. It's so much fun hearing from my cyber friends.